Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yet Another Scheme

Back in February I did a Happy Monday blog post featuring a group effort advertisement for CreoDron, an Eve Online NPC corporation. The ad features the voices of 14 capsuleers. It was a bold project with quiet a few difficulties. While I’m not completely satisfied with the end result, it’s a good start.

There are quiet a few things I would do differently. One is managing sound quality. 14 different people, mean 14 different mics and 14 variations of sound quality. This is also known as a nightmare. I tried to scrub the audio, but some of it just didn’t come out as crisp as the rest and I hadn’t considered adding noise to the background of the others to make them balance.


I have some tricks, tips and other devilish little plans up my sleeve, but... that’s later on down the line. Like any project, there’s a process that needs to be followed. Right now I’m in the concept phase. I have a few ideas that I’ve been kicking around on my own, but there’s more than just my ideas in the Eve Universe. Now I can’t promise you’ll be a star or anything like that, but I will give ya credit! That counts right?

So I come to you my homies and readers. What NPC corp do you think needs a little audio lovin’? What kind of mood should the commercial have? Should I try something totally different instead? Comment me Bro!

Get it. Come at me... Comment me.... you have to say it fast. Trust me. It’s funny. Now comment.

8 comments:

  1. Roden Shipyards... now that they no longer produce pink ships.... They could use some good PR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I might still be too heart broken over the loss of my pink ships. CCP... what were you rethinking?

      Delete
  2. LOL Comment me... i got it without the explanation. Great minds think alike?
    As for NPC corps needing lovin, any Matari NPC corps of course! As to the mood, patriotic come fight the evil slavers kind of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done one just like that, but New Eden could always use a nicer new Matari commercial.

      Delete
  3. I was always fond of Khanid Constructions, bucking the amarr trend and using shield and missile tech in their ships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done any Amarr corporations... the thought makes me feel a little dirty, but a Khanid ad must be fun.

      Delete
  4. Take classic Coke commercial from the 70s/80s, and do a Quafe version.

    Or an old Chevy commercial, and do an ad for the Proteus. One of the subsystems looks exactly like the front end of an early-60s Chevy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True Creations. Sansha has recieved some very negative press since this whole "Incursion thing" kicked off. They are just misunderstood!

    ReplyDelete